***Come link up your crafts to this week's party!***

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Patriotic Jar Lanterns

Happy Thursday Everyone! I hope you've stopped over at Hating Martha and Delicate Construction to check out their tutorials for the Bloggy Olympics first Event! If you haven't -- GO NOW!

I decided to participate in this event by doing my own decor project. Well, actually I totally copied this from one of my new favorite blogs: Quinton Wench. Seriously, head over to her blog, you will love it!

Anyway, I few weeks ago Karen from Quinton Wench linked up these Pickle Jar Lanterns to A Pinteresting Link Party.


I absolutely loved them [this project was featured for the next Link Party too]. So, for the decorating event, I decided to try my hand at my own patriotic jar lanterns. I collect pretty much any jar I get, so I had plenty around.

Here's what I gathered:


1. Jars
2. Tissue paper - Red, White & Blue of course!
3. Mod Podge & Brush

First, I cut the tissue paper into smallish squares.


Then I brushed a layer of Mod Podge on the jar, and then layered the tissue paper squares all over, adding another coat on top of the paper as I went along.


That's it! Here's what I ended up with:


Add tea lights...


What I love about these is that they are so quick and easy, plus they cost me nothing because I had everything I needed already! This is a huge plus, because honestly, I'm not big on putting a lot of effort into seasonal decor (except Christmas). These would be great for table centerpieces, decorative accents, or add wire to the top and hang from trees - and they literally took me 20 minutes.

Thanks to Quinton Wench for the inspiration!

Have a great week!






8 comments:

  1. These turned out great. I hope you'll link up to my Patriotic Project Parade.

    http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2012/06/patriotic-project-parade-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. love what you did with crepe paper

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember making these as a kid. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun project! I love how these turned out! Thanks for sharing at the Pomp Party! Pinning to our Pomp Party board!

    Jill @ Create.Craft.Love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great! I might have to steal this from you! Easy least...and cute...the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are soooo super adorable and festive! I can pretty much assure you that Little Crafter and I will be making some of these for the 4th of July! Thanks for sharing at Shine on Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These jars are seriously cute Liz, and so easy. I feel a craft project with the Things coming on. Your post has been featured at Wednesday Whatsits. Thanks so much for sharing!
    http://whitelightsonwednesday.blogspot.com/2012/06/wednesday-whatsits-14.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute! And I love that they were inexpensive. Thats really the best craft :)

    Ps.. Im featuring these tomorrow on my fourth of July roundup! :)

    ReplyDelete