***Come link up your crafts to this week's party!***

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Extreme Home Makeover - Handy Andy Edition

Handy Andy and I bought a house about a year and a half ago. I knew Handy Andy was handy before this, but it was after we bought our house that I really saw the full extent of his handiness.

Our house was a hole when we bought it. A hole. After we closed on the house, we spent two weeks cleaning, painting, reflooring, cleaning, replacing the furnace (it went out 2 days after we closed, that was fun - in February), and more cleaning. I'll share more pictures of it later, especially since Handy Andy is in the middle of residing it right now. But, I wanted to share a snapshot before-and-after of one angle of the living room for you. Just in case you are in need of some inspiration.


Yes, I promise you, that is the exact same room. Can't you tell by the grimy door that still needs to be painted?

Anyway, we've (mostly Handy Andy) done a lot to the house to make it this beautiful. The short list includes paint, new floors (hardwood, carpet and tile), custom base and window trim, re-insulated attic, new tile counter top (and back splash - in progress), counter top extension (the washer and dryer used to be in the kitchen), new appliances,  and a double-wide opening cut in the wall between the kitchen and living room. Again, this is the short list. I'll keep sharing bits and pieces of our hole-turned-home as I go, just to keep reminding you of how truly handy my Handy Andy is.

Thanks for reading. I hope you are inspired to make something beautiful! :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment