***Come link up your crafts to this week's party!***

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pinterest Thursday: Sopapilla Cheesecake

The time has come for my first recipe post here on the blog. I am not, by any means, an excellent cook or baker. However, in recent years, I have started to enjoy trying new recipes. It helps that Handy Andy will eat anything and enjoy it. So, for Pinterest Thursday this week, I decided to try Sopapilla Cheesecake. Here's the picture of it I found on Pinterest:


Can you say YUM?! So, obviously, I had to try it. I changed the measurements a little because I didn't want to make as much as the original recipe made.
Ingredients:
-2 cans crescent rolls
-1.5 (8oz) packages cream cheese (softened)
-2/3 cup sugar
-1 teaspoon vanilla
-1/4 cup butter (melted)
-Cinnamon & sugar


What I really love about this recipe is that it's super easy! First, roll one tube of the crescent rolls out on the bottom of the un-greased pan, filling any holes (the original post said a 9x13, but I used my small Pyrex which is slightly smaller).


Then, mix the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla together. Spread over the bottom crescent layer, then roll the other tube on the top and spread the melted butter on top. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar, bake for 20-30 minutes at 350 degrees, and...



Ok, so not as pretty as the picture from Pinterest, but don't let that deceive you. This stuff is GOOD. And so simple that you really have no excuse not to make it, like right now.

*Just a note: Because I used a smaller pan, the filling was thicker in the middle. Not saying that's a bad thing, but it may be too rich for some when it's that thick.

Happy Thursday!





Linked up to Life By the Book, as per usual. Check it out to see other Pinterest-inspired projects!

life by the book

5 comments:

  1. Oh MY. I was wondering how those turned out- I have seen that pin a million times! I think I'll have to go add those to my board now, and pick up some ingredients at the store next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great!
    Following back- thanks for checking out Things I've Done Thursday.

    I do have a button code on the right hand side bar.

    P.S.- I wanted to send you an email, but your email is set to "no-reply blogger", so I am leaving you a comment. :)

    Melanie
    bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word, Liz, it looks amazing! Two of my very favorite sweets come together in one magnificent dish!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! :]

    (and yes, i did recognize that you live in mexie-ville with that cream cheese brand. :])

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Mine is the oven right now... very easy to make :)

    ReplyDelete