***Come link up your crafts to this week's party!***

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Shabby Chic Christmas Decor

Lately I have been working on a Christmas package to send to a friend. She really loves the shabby chic look, but doesn't have anything in that style. She also really loves Christmas. So, I decided to make her a few things so she can start her Shabby Chic Christmas collection.

First I made some ornaments:


I covered four of them with book pages or scrapbooking paper using Mod Podge, and I covered one with burlap and some lace using hot glue. I tied ribbons to all of them and then sprayed them with glitter.


I was inspired by Chrissy from The Taylor House to make this ornament. I used some burlap, dollar store snow flakes and scrabble tiles to make it:


I also used this tutorial as inspiration and made this little fabric and burlap Christmas tree:


For this, I cut strips of fabric and burlap, sewed them together (a little staggered) and then wrapped it around a styrofoam cone from the dollar store, using hot glue. After that, I wrapped a chipboard star with burlap and hot glued it to the top. Then I took some berries from a flower arrangement I had and glued them as ornaments. As a finishing touch, I sprayed it with glitter.

Finally, the project I'm most proud of -- burlap stocking. I used this tutorial, burlap I had, fabric from the thrift store (as lining and cuff), vintage buttons, and one of my Christmas stockings as a pattern.


I'm so proud of this stocking! Mostly because it was another successful sewing project, and it's so cute!

So there they are - my homemade shabby chic Christmas decorations. I hope my friend likes them!

What is your Christmas decorating style?


P.S. Linking up here:

Button
Link Party


Tip Junkie handmade projects











hbcbutton












{Junk in their Trunk}


button




Photobucket




shabby creek cottage



Photobucket



13 comments:

  1. I would love to get a package with these beautiful decorations! Great job, they all came out wonderful!

    Thanks for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute ornament, I made one very similar!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes please, I want to be your friend. What a wonderful idea, how very clever you are. I will follow on my way out so as I know my path back to your door. I hope you will find the time to come visit my place and do the same. (Although, I will warn you I am not crafty). Take Care Cheers SpecialK XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm visiting from Myriad Monday...I like everything, but I LOVE the snowflake & burlap ornament. I'm Pinning!!!

    Merry Christmas
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea. I'm a new friend too. Stop by and enter my Heirloom ornament giveaway...only 1 day left to enter. Warm wishes, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Liz! I found your blog through The terrific under ten tuesdays. Your ornaments are great! I love the burlap tree! I'll try that for sure. I'm a new follower.
    Greetigs from Spain
    Isabel
    http://handmadebyizz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. everything turned out great! I'd love it if you would add them to my What We Wore and Made link party over at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com/search/label/WWWMW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely decorations! The stocking is so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stocking is my fav! Thanks for linking to Things I’ve Done Thursday!

    Melanie
    bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your newspaper ornaments & scrabble oranments are soooooooo cute!! I am your newest follower! I'd love for you to follow me back, if you want to =-)
    Merry Christmas, Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Liz, what a lovely friend you are. I would love to have received a Christmas package like that, knowing that they had been lovingly made by a dear friend just for me. Thanks for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing these great decor' ideas at Bacon Time. Happy holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  13. they are all beautiful my friend!!! thank you for the inspiration!
    Jaime from crafty scrappy happy

    ReplyDelete