***Come link up your crafts to this week's party!***

Monday, February 25, 2013

Monday's Menu Highlight

Happy Monday! [Is that a thing?] Well, last week I mentioned that my cholesterol is high...again, so awesome... And apparently cutting down on carbs helps lower cholesterol, so that's what I've been trying to do. In my searching on Pinterest I've found several good lower carb recipes, including this winner...

BLT Lettuce Wraps



It's so easy to substitute lettuce wraps for bread - how did I never think of this before?? 
Oh, because I love bread. Thanks, cholesterol...

Anyway, here's the recipe.

Ingredients:
  • 4 slices lean bacon (pork or turkey) cooked and chopped
  • 1 medium tomato, diced
  • 1 tbsp light mayonnaise (I like Hellman's)
  • 3 large iceberg lettuce leaves
  • fresh cracked pepper
Directions:
Carefully remove 2 large outer leaves of a head of lettuce. If you rip or tear one, just save it for the 3rd leaf you need to shred. Shred the 3rd leaf and set aside. Dice tomato and set aside in a bowl.
Combine diced tomato with mayonnaise and fresh black pepper. Place lettuce cups on a plate, top with shredded lettuce. Add tomato and bacon, and wrap it all up. And we actually added avocado too -- SO GOOD!

You must try these! Much less guilt is attached to these than regular BLTs (at least for me), and you still get the great taste of a BLT. Thank you to Gina for sharing this - go check out her other amazing recipes!

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. Oh Wow! These look really good! I have always wanted to try something like this.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so good but I know my pregnant belly would be burping this before too long. Will have to wait till August to try this and enjoy it:)

    ReplyDelete