***Come link up your crafts to this week's party!***

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Pom Cake Toppers

Happy Thursday Everyone! Today I am sharing with you the long-promised pom cake toppers. I made big poms for my friend's wedding, and she also wanted mini ones to put on her cakes. Thanks to my 9th grade Spanish class where I learned how to make piƱata, I figured out how to make the perfect mini poms for her cakes! This is my last wedding project to share...for now.

Here's what you'll need:


1. Tissue Paper
2. Scalloped Circle Punch (I used a 1-1/2 inch)
3. Scissors
4. Wooden Kabob Sticks
5. Hot Glue Gun & Glue
6. Pencil


First punch out a bunch of circles (you can also cut out 1x1 inch square and use those if you don't have a circle punch).


Then cut out about a one inch strip of tissue paper and ball it up. Glue the ball together and then glue it on the top of the wooden stick.


Next comes the fun part. Take the scalloped circles one by one, place the eraser end in the middle of the circle, fold the edges up around the pencil and then twist the edges around so they wrap around the pencil. Put glue on eraser end of the tissue paper and glue it to the tissue paper ball. Keep doing this and glue the circles close together starting near the stick.


I'm not going to lie, this takes quite a while (especially when you make 33 of them), but they look so cute when they are done!


See?!


And here we are together at the wedding - my little pom friends and me. My friend had cakes at each table for the centerpiece and the pom toppers were on half of the cakes. Very cute!

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great week!


16 comments:

  1. these look great! always wondered how to do something like these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. You must have a lot of patience to make so many of these for a wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cute! I'll have to keep this idea in mind!

    I'm doing a lot of party tutorials at my blog, check it out!

    http://welivedhappilyeverafter.blogspot.com/2012/08/if-you-saw-my-first-post-in-this-series.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so cute! While I am so not crafty, I love the look of these! Simply adorable. I enjoy looking at other people's stuff more than I enjoy crafting, unfortunately. Every now and then I manage to do something that I really, really like! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look so fancy! I will definitely have to try them out on my next batch of cupcakes - Thank you for linking up at Stop, Look & Link! See you next week! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, so, so cute! I looove them. No, I LOOOOVE them... with capitals :)

    Thanks for joining us at the Keep Calm & Link Up party this week and sharing this great idea - hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These turned out lovely!
    Visiting from Wait till your father gets home :D

    ~Melissa
    www.mywatermelonmoon.com
    Stop by and see me sometime! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a colorful, fun and festive crafty party idea! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. those are SO much fun!! I'll definitely be trying those out ASAP!

    I've pinned to my party board!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Liz,
    These are amazing! I love how they look on the cake. Great tutorial too. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday. Can’t wait to see what you share this week! Have a wonderful weekend
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are SOOOO cute! I need to make some ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so cute Liz! You make them look so easy too! Maybe you can make me some? Haha!

    You were one of the most viewed links last week! Im featuring this tomorrow at 7pm :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just wanted you to know that we are featuring you tonight at Keep Calm & Link Up! Stop by sometime this weekend to link up again and grab a featured button!

    http://www.waittilyourfathergetshome.com/2012/09/20/keep-calm-link-up-7/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really Cute! Thank you for participating in Show Your Stuff Blog Hop, You are invited to come back:
    http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/09/show-your-stuff-42-chocolate-muffins.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh my goodness these are soooo pretty. wish it was my daughters bday soon I'd be doing so many projects !
    I am hosting a blog hop today over at my blog :-)
    http://myfroley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete