Peanut Butter Banana Icebox Pie
What you need:
- 2 cups cinnamon graham cracker crumbs (about 15 sheets)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped honey-roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup butter, melted $
- 1 (4-oz.) semisweet chocolate baking bar, chopped
- 2 cups whipping cream, divided $
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened $
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter $
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large bananas, sliced $
- Toppings: sweetened whipped cream, chocolate syrup, chopped honey-roasted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together first 3 ingredients; firmly press on bottom, up sides, and onto lip of a lightly greased 9-inch pie plate. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven to a wire rack, and cool completely (about 30 minutes). [We used a pre-made crumb crust because we had it on hand]
- Microwave chocolate and 1/2 cup whipping cream in a small microwave-safe bowl at MEDIUM (50% power) 1 1/2 minutes or until chocolate is almost melted, stirring at 30-second intervals. Whisk until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. (Do not overheat.) Spoon chocolate mixture into prepared crust.
- Beat cream cheese, next 2 ingredients, and 1/4 cup whipping cream at medium speed with an electric mixer until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Beat vanilla and remaining 1 1/4 cups whipping cream at high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold one-third whipped cream mixture into peanut butter mixture to loosen; fold in remaining whipped cream mixture.
- Arrange banana slices over chocolate mixture in crust. Spread peanut butter mixture over bananas. Cover and chill 8 hours. Serve pie with desired toppings.
I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend remembering those who have fought and are still fighting to keep America safe and free!